Suffering from Thoracic Spine Disc Herniation and Loss of cervical lordosis. Can ayurveda provide any permanent relief?

Ayurveda Specialist
Question
Hello Doctor,

I am suffering from Thoracic Spine Disc Herniation and Loss of cervical lordosis since Dec 2011. Also my discs are dehyderated. I am getting lot of pain in Thoracic region which is not bearable sometimes.. Is there any permanent cure in Ayurveda in this situation. I know in allopathy there is no much cure available except taking pain killers, physiotherapy or surgery. I want to take up ayurvedic medication. Is there any permanent treatment available in Ayurveda and is there any intake of medicines available to strengthen the bones and muscles of Thoracic spine? Will Panchakarma treatment or any other treatment in ayurveda provide any permanent relief? Please advise.
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Natural and Home Remedies

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 15 hours later
Hello!!

Welcome to HealthcareMagic

As per your problem with cervical lordosis and thoracic disk herniation... it causes too much pain and you are now suffering a lot. I see that you are too young. And in this age it has to be cured out completely. This comes with some medicines and some core strengthening exercises under the expert's guidance. It is the right age and time to start to prevent further problems.

Ayurveda is a best way to get relief from this problem and also you know that Panchkarma treatment is also a best ever treatment in your case.

I suggest you such medicines which you have to start and meantime you enquire panchkarma treatment at your nearest panchkarma therapist..
Just start .
1. Dashmool kwath and maharasnadi kwat mix both 5-5 ml and take it with water thrice a day.
2. Cap palsinuron (phyto pharma) 2 caps twice a day
3. Maha vatvidhvansh as 1 tab twice a day
4. Bruhat vaat chinamani ras 1 tab twice a day with honey.
5. Trayodashnag gugal 2 tabs thrice a day.

Panchkarma treatment
1. Greeva basti
2. Abhyang sedan
3. Nasya karma
4. Basti karma

Let me know if you have any confusion.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda consultant

Follow-up: Suffering from Thoracic Spine Disc Herniation and Loss of cervical lordosis. Can ayurveda provide any permanent relief? 5 hours later
Hello Doctor Nikul,

Thanks for the response. I would like to seek clarification here, One of the panchakarma center near my house has recommended to get done Pizichil treatment where hot oil is poured on the body. Is this treatment beneficial for Thoracic Disc herniation? Also I am having lot of pain in Thoracic region so is it advisable to get Massage done on this region or can I get gentle massage done. I do not want to get paralyzed due to any massage so please advise the best treatment for me.

Will the Panchkarma treatment suggested by you i.e. Greeva Basti, Abhyang Sedan, NASYA karma and Basti karma involve any massage?

I have heard that Basti treatment involves Enema treatment so is it advisable to take Enema for Thoracic Disc herniation.

By taking all these treatments, will be disc that has come out, go back to its original position?

I had started with few ayurvedic kashayam as suggested by one ayurvedic doctor but it did not help much as Varnadi Kashayam, Gulguladi Tablets, Vyoshadi Kashayam. Please let me know should I take them along with the prescription that you have given or should I discontinue the above mentioned medicine which I was taking till now.

Please advise on the above clarifications.

Also if you can share your phone number, I can consult you personally for further details and medicine follow ups.

Look forward for your response.

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 13 hours later
Hello

As to your follow up queries....

1. Herniation of disk and dehydration of disk are due to vaat dosha – as per ayurveda and if we can control vaat dosha and we can keep its function naturally.. all your problem has been solved. So that I have already recommended you massage (as Abhyand and swedan (Steam) ). But when we think about massage just like too much pressing all over the body is not recommended but pizichil is the best way to make control of vaat dosha . So please go ahead for the pizichil. It will relieve your pain and would not lead to paralysis. I can assure you that.
2. Also I advise you please understand all the therapies like Greeva basti, Nasya and Basti karma from the nearest panchakarma Center.

3. When the vaat dosha will be controlled the Disk will fixed as per the normal position.

4. Already you do not get any relief from the current medicines of ayurveda, so please stop all those and start which I have recommended.

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Ahmedabad

Follow-up: Suffering from Thoracic Spine Disc Herniation and Loss of cervical lordosis. Can ayurveda provide any permanent relief? 32 hours later
Hello Doctor,

From where I can order below recommended medicines by you as they are not available in Bangalore location where I am right now. If you can provide me your phone number or email id, I can order the medicines through you only. Please advise.

5. Trayodashnag gugal 2 tabs thrice a day

Answered by Dr. Nikul Patel 12 hours later

You can contact me on this number and you can order the medicines from my center also.

My email id is YYYY@YYYY

And contact no. is +91-0000 / +91-0000

Dr. Nikul Patel
Ayurveda Consultant
Ahmedabad