Suffering from PSVT. Feeling tired, pain in shoulder and neck. How to overcome this?

Jan 2013

My name is XXXXXX, a 27 year old man, went through EPF and RFA in November 28th, 2010, as i had been suffering from PSVT.
Since then the episode never repeated. However, As i work in IT sector the working hours does exceeds the normal working hour and due to continuous exposure to laptop screen significantly cause tiredness,

But, my worries are, its not only my workpressure but i generally become tired very soon, after the operation, most often i feel that my left side is painful, like somebody holding my left side continuously causing irritation, and more often i become excited very early with anger.

7 years before i used play cricket and one of most fittest player in my club, now i can't even run 1 km at a stretch.

Moreover, an uncanny pain in my shoulder, left neck and closer to left ear bothers me a lot now and then.

Under this situation i really seek advice to overcome such situation and wanted to know how much implication does my these condition may have in my married life.

Would really looking for advice and help.

With Warm Regards
Posted Tue, 14 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX forum.

Let me know the reason of PSVT at such young age.
With the available described details, there appears to possibility of presence of abberent abnormal pathways causing PSVT which gets corrected after EPF and RAF.
Presence of left sided chest pain, radiation to defined area suggests possibility of coronary artery disease/ ischemic heart disease.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ cardiologist and should go for thorough heart check up.
You should go for complete blood count, thyroid profile, serum electrolytes, blood sugar, serum lipid profile.
You should first go for holter monitoring to rule out presence of paroxysmal (occasional) arrhythmia.
If holter monitoring is found to be normal then only you should go for stress test for better clarification of coronary arteries.
Stress test without holter monitoring may be problematic if arrhythmia is still persisting.
If stress test is found to be abnormal (suggestive of positive test) then you should go for 2 D echo and coronary angiography.

If all above advised investigations are found to be normal then there could also be possibility of panic attacks with generalized anxiety disorders (GAD) and muscular ache.
GAD with panic attacks may be possible in any patient who were suffering from PSVT at a very young age.
In such conditions, you should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist and psychiatrist simultaneously.

Exact treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
In my personal opinion, you should take proton pump inhibitors, analgesics along with muscle relaxants and low doses of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs).

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava