Suffering from MS. Having frequent bowel movement in high humidity. What can I do?

Urologist
Question
I have MS. My biggest problem is with my bladder. Why when the humidity is high do have a non stop bathroom trip? I have an interstem in place; but, on those high humidity days it is worse. What can I do?
XXXXXXX Turner-Stroud
Posted Wed, 25 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 2 hours later

Thanks for writing. Sorry to hear about you.
Kindly discuss with your doctor if anti-cholinergics would help.
This group of drugs helps to reduce the frequency of urination but side effects being dry mouth and constipation.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan

Follow-up: Suffering from MS. Having frequent bowel movement in high humidity. What can I do? 7 hours later
I take the generic for DitropanXL 10 mg. Have taken it for years. Question is -- does humidity have any thing to do with it?

Thanks,
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for your answer.
External influence like humidity can have an effect on the urinary bladder, with resultant change in frequency of urination.
Also, u may try reducing water intake during those times, in an attempt to reduce the urine output, which in turn will reduce bathroom trips.
Ditropan is the oldest and time tested of the anti-cholinergics. You may think of changing it to the latest ones after discussion with your doctor.
Hope this helps. Kindly write back for doubts, if any.
DR GS

Follow-up: Suffering from MS. Having frequent bowel movement in high humidity. What can I do? 12 hours later
My water intake is virtually none on those days. Any more suggestions?

Thanks for answering.
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later
Hi
Unfortunately i cant think of anything else.
Sorry and thanks.
Dr GS