Suffering from LBA, back pain and sprain on leg. Spinal MRI done. Can I take homeopathy treatment?

Spine Surgeon
Question
hi doctor,
i'm 28 yrs old house wife from India.im suffering from LBA.last week i had done MRI of my whole spine.in the result it is showing"there is evidence of mild herniation of C3-C4,C4-C5 & C5-C6 intervertebral discs leading to minimal cord compression at the same level.severity is maximun at the level of C3-C4 disc. the cord shows hyperintense intramedullary signals on T2W images s/o probably focal cord ischemia sustained due to compressive myelopathy extending from the level of C3 vertebra to C6 vertebra.shows slight protrusion of disc into right fromina at C3-C4.CSF shows normal signal intensity.no fracture is seen.
shows degenerative changes in C4 -C6 vertebral body.rest of the visualized bodies and their posterior elements show normal height and signal characteristics.
please give me an opinion by any neurologist.im now suffering from severe back pain and sprain on my right leg.feeling giddiness often.can i take treatment from homeopathy? thank u.
XXXXXX
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 57 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
You have cervical spondylosis. It seems you have symptoms.Do you have tingling and numbness in hands? feeling of imbalance while walking? any trouble with urination? do you have constant arm pain?
Please upload the MRI images and report if possible.
Regarding the low back pain, is there any changes in the disc in lumbar spine?Usually medicine with physiotherapy helps to resolve the pain. I doubt about the homeopathy treatment however I am not the expert person in that field to comment on that.
Please get back with above information to diagnose the problem. Thanks.

Follow-up: Suffering from LBA, back pain and sprain on leg. Spinal MRI done. Can I take homeopathy treatment? 30 minutes later
Thank u for yr reply,doctor.I have tingling and numbness in both my hands occasionally.Yes,i ve feeling of imbalance while walking.my urine is little bit discolored. i have arm & leg pain/sprain occasionally.right now i don't have a digital MRI image to upload.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 35 minutes later
The symptoms are occasional. I would suggest to consult a spine specialist and get a thorough examination to rule out cervical myelopathy. In case of myelopathy homeopathy treatment may not help.
For pain relief please consider physiotherapy for low back and neck. It should help. Thanks.

Follow-up: Suffering from LBA, back pain and sprain on leg. Spinal MRI done. Can I take homeopathy treatment? 2 days later
sir,
today i consulted with a neurologist.he examined the MRI scan result and said nothing serious and prescribed following medicines and soft neck collar:
Tab Wysolone 5 (1-1-1 for 5 days & 1-0-1 for next 5 days)
Tab Zerodol TH 4 (1-0-1 for 5 days)
Tab Gastrosec-DSR(DRDO) (1 OD before meal)
Tab Zantrol-PG (0-0-1 for 5 days & 1-0-1 for the next 5 days)
He said after this 10 days dosage if it is not getting OK he will go for some other test,like scan of skull or something.Would u pls give yr opinion.

Answered by Dr. Rahul D Chaudhari 1 hour later
Thats reassuring. Please continue treatment and also physiotherapy may help you as well. I dont think you need any other investigation. Thanks.