Ask a Homeopath   »  

Suffering from Esophegal Cancer. Had chemotherapy. can I switch on to Homepathy medicine?

My dad is suffering from Esophegal Cancer. The oncologist here had given him a chemo therapy on 6th May 2012. I am attaching all the reports relevant. We have also had a CBP test on 17th May, as per the advise. My query: We have recently contacted Dr. Prasanth Banarjee (Homeopathy - Kolkata). He has given us medicines for 2 months, and said it can also be treated without a chemotherapy. My questions are:

1. Can we continue the chemotherapy sessions (2nd one atleast), together with the homeopathic medicines. Are there any problems?

2. If we dont go ahead with the second chemo therapy, and start taking the homeopathic medicines, is it fine? (assuming the allopathic medicines are fine)

3. Can you please provide an honest feedback for him, if you may know anything about him. Also if you know any cases he has treated.

Thanks in advance!

Would be 6th May 2013.
Posted Sat, 8 Jun 2013 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Shilpi Gupta 33 hours later

I had gone through all reports of your dad you sent and I would like to suggest you that:

After chemotherapy none of medicines act properly because steroids are being used in it, which hinder the effect of medicines and none of the homeopathy can cure cancer ,they just can extend the life expectancy. So there is no problem in taking homeopathy along with chemotherapy as homeopathy has no side effects but its effect may be restricted.and if the conditions demands chemotherapy then I would suggest you to go for it along with homeopathy medicine .

The doctor you are getting treatment from is good in his job as well.But I would suggest you to go along for both of it(chemotherapy and homeopathy.)

Life expectancy necessitates a discussion of stages, as life expectancy will depend on how far the disease has spread. In stage zero, pre-cancerous cells are within the oesophagus. In stage I, the cancer has actually formed and has spread into the second layer of tissue in the oesophagus. In stage II, the cancer has spread to the first three layers of the oesophagus and possibly to some surrounding lymph nodes. In stage III, cancer has fully penetrated the oesophagus. Finally, in stage IV the cancer has metastasized, which means it has spread away from the oesophagus and into other organs and tissues.

Hoping good health for your dad.
Many Thanks,
Dr Shilpi Gupta