Suffered heart attack. Angiogram report is showing a block and left valve is completely infected. Taking medicines. Need advise?

My Dad suffered an Heart attack day before yesterday, and we have done a angiogram today with results stating that there is a major block in the right side valve of the heart and the doctor is suggesting not to go with an Angioplasty or a Bypass at the moment. As his left valve is completely infected and there needs immediate attention to cure this part of the heart initially before deciding to do a surgery. He is 52 Years Old and he has been smoking for the past 30 odd years. The doctors conclusion is, since my dad is stable at the moment and he is not suffering from any pain, we shall proceed with the medication for curing the left part as well as continue medication for diluting the block. and after a week or 10 days we shall assess the conditions again to find if we have the left part cured and the status of the right valve. Kindly advice
Posted Mon, 9 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
please confirm the problem as detailed below

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
1. I think there is some problem with the words/ vocabulary you used. If I am getting it right, doctor said that there is major block on right sided "artery or vessel" rather than the "valve" as you mentioned. His left part of heart supplied by left sided artery is completely "infarcted" rather than "His left valve is completely infected" as you stated.
2. In the last line again instead of "right valve" is it "right artery or vessel" ?
Please confirm at the earliest if I am correct, so that I can discuss further in detail.
Waiting for your reply.
Sukhvinder XXXXXXX