Suffered health issues. Taken antibiotics. Having throat ans tongue problem. Worried about HIV infection?

Hello Doctor,

I had a doubt during last October(2012) that I would be infected by HIV So I have taken the test and the result was negative and also after that I have tested two times again and got the result as negative again.

I have Suffered some health issues during that time and so I have taken antibiotics and from January I am having problem on tongue and also in throat.
Later my throat problem was solved but my tongue problem was continuing.

My tongue tip was hurt and white coat was formed on my tongue what would be the reason for this Please suggest me whether I have to take any test.

when I consulted doctor they have adviced me to take multivitamin tablet, when I take the multivitamin tablet i fell my problem in tongue was gone later after the tablet is over I get the same problem again.

I dont know which specialist I have to consult? Please advice.

awaiting for your answer
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 7 hours later

It is good that you have been ruled out of HIV infection.

As far as white coat on tongue is concerned,generally it doesn't denote any serious illness.

It can result from various reasons like poor oral hygiene,consuming less water,smoking,alcoholism etc.
White coat is basically a collection of debris of dead cells,left over food particle in the papilla of tongue.
Sometimes white tongue can be caused by oral thrush,leucopkakia or oral lichen planus also.
What to do...
Take plenty of water.
Observe proper oral hygiene by brushing your teeth twice a day and cleaning your tongue.
Avoid tobacco products and alcohol.
Take multivitamin regularly.
Do it sincerely and regularly for 3 weeks.

If it doesn't get cured,consult an XXXXXXX medicine specialist and get examined properly and may be even investigated by taking a scrapping and then testing it microscopically.

I hope it helps however you may revert to me for any further query.

Best of luck