Suffered from tightness at base pf pelvis. Can it be relieved from medicine?

Dec 2012

I have suffered from time to time from tightness at the base of the pelvis. I understand that this is quite independent of the prostate (I have now had a turp). Am I right in thinking that the tightness (when sitting on hard seats for example) can be relieved by medication?
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Myorelaxants can help reduce tightness

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Now before you are placed on any medication, it will be wise to have a doctor examine your pelvis for any abnormalities. It is possible that the tightness can be relieved by medications such as myorelaxants or muscle relaxants such valium (diazepam), XXXXXXX (carisoprodol) and Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) could be very helpful in this situation. Pelvic floor muscle tightness can be a troublesome situation when aging. You could start practicing some few exercises including 'yoga', pelvic floor therapy etc and get assistance from a physical therapist.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah