Suffered food poisoning. Having sweating and chills. Developed red splotchy rash. Remedy?

last night I suffered what i believe to be food poisoning. while on the toilet and trying to rest. at first i started to sweat profusely. after about an hour I was chilled and took to the blankets. I have developed red splotchy rash I believe to be hives. Am starting to feel a little better but the rash lingers.. Am drinking water to stay hydrated
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

The description given by suggest few possibilities. These include food poisoning due to a food which you are allergic, like some kind of fish etc or it may be due to viral gastroenteritis. It may also be due to some infections like typhoid which also sometimes present with chills, diarrhea and rash. It may also be due infections like hepatitis which sometimes present as diarrhea and skin rash.

If you are still experiencing same symptoms, I suggest you to please consult a doctor for emergency evaluation apart from being hydrated by drinking water, as food poisoning due to a food which you are allergic may be serious. Moreover, if you have taken any new food item which have not taken anytime previously, I suggest you to avoid that food in future.

Please ask if you have any further queries!

Hope it helps!