Ask a Urologist   »  

Suffer weight loss and fatigue. Cannot sense the feeling of bladder fullness. Feeling weak. Help?

Jul 2016

Age 66, male, suffer from XXXXXXX amount of weight loss,Appetite,self care ability, no hope in himself half year ago and have recently develop problem in urine. He started to urine slowly half year ago and now cannot urine on his own at all. He also cannot feel or sense that the bladder is full and need to urine. His right feet start to feel lump and shaking recently and has no strength to stand or walk without help. Have checked every part of the body and is all normal and cannot explain his sympthoms at all. Pls help. Tks
Posted Sun, 22 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to Enlarged Prostate.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted, I think the patient whom you have referred about may be having a Chronic Retention of Urine due to enlarged prostate with general debility.

However he needs to get examined by a qualified Urologist and to confirm the diagnosis by doing following basic tests.

1)Routine Urine test and urine culture
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to confirm enlarged prostate.
3) Blood sugar levels to rule out Diabetes.
4) Serum PSA and Renal function tests.

Please get these tests done under the urologist's guidance.
Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests.

Hope I have I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions I shall be happy to answer the same .
thanks and Regards.

Follow-up: Suffer weight loss and fatigue. Cannot sense the feeling of bladder fullness. Feeling weak. Help? 37 minutes later
hi doc,
He has already been checked for the enlarged prostate and its not very large that will block the urine. his blood sugar levels are normal. For point 4, can you explain further?
The patient is already being examine by a urology specialist but so far he only knows answering my questions 'I don't know, nothing can be explain....'

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are blood tests.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
Serum PSA and Renal function test are blood tests.
Serum PSA is a basic screening test for cancer of the prostate.and renal function tests are test to detect status of kidney function..

If there is nothing abnormal from the point of view of Urological problem please consult Neurologist to detect if symptoms are due to any Neurological disorder.
Thanks and Regards.