Suffer headache, pain between eye brow and hairline. Had knee and miniscus surgery. What is the cause?

terrible headache on front upper side, between eye brow and hair line,left side, about a week, subsides when I

Get up and move around. had knee, miniscus surgery on left knee 10 days ago. What do you think.

thanks a bunch, I am 73 and very healthy. XXXXX
Posted Wed, 25 Sep 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Prasad 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Frontal sinusitis may be...

Detailed Answer:

Frontal side headache between eye brow and hair line that improves as you get up and move around can be a symptom of frontal sinusitis. You may also notice congested nostril and irritation behind in your throat along with this headache.

If you were to be my treating doctor, I would order for X-ray paranasal sinus (water's view) to view changes inside frontal sinus and confirm this condition.

As you discuss about this option with your treating doctor, if the headache is troubling and disturbing your sleep, use over the counter pain killer such as motrin.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.