Suffer from shortness of breath. Feels like air from chest goes till throat. What to do?

Pediatrician
Question
I have this short of breth if i can discrebe it like that fills like air from my chest goes up to my troath, for the secend,
Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 1 hour later
Hi XXXXX

Thanks for your query

I can feel your concerns,

I want the following information to better describe this illness.

1. Do you feel shortness of breath on exertion or at rest?
2. Do you have any history of allergies?
3. Do you have chest pain?
4. What is weight?
5. Is this causing sleep disturbance ?

Provide me these information for better understanding of the disease.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Suffer from shortness of breath. Feels like air from chest goes till throat. What to do? 49 minutes later
No i dont have any chest pain not short of breth when it hapans sleeping well 88kg 185cm hight, no alergys generaly helty done bloud test one week ago colesterol 5.8 no diabites liver function ok an so on, fills like bouble of air going ap the troath like im going to bearp than goes back. Is very hard to axplain, i had this 3 weeks ago and now again, im not sure but when i have coffe fills like it hapans after that Regards XXXXX

Answered by Dr. Imraan Hussain 28 minutes later
Hi XXXXX,

Thanks for your follow up ,

It's good that your investigations are normal. It might be good if you can get an ECG done to exclude possibility of heart illness - the chances I feel are low.

It seems to be a reflux of gas or fluids from stomach into the esophagus (food pipe)

I recommend you that you should not drink water after taking meal , avoid fast foods , use vegetables and practice regular exercise .

Healthy life style will solve this issue.

Hope I answered .
If you do not have any other clarification you can close the discussion and rate this query.

Dr XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Suffer from shortness of breath. Feels like air from chest goes till throat. What to do? 59 minutes later
Thank you dr imraan

It’s my pleasure XXXXXXX

Whenever you have any query, you are most welcome to ask.