Suffer constipation. Work at pizza hut. Stomach feels bloated. Feeling hungry all the time. Help?

General Surgeon
Hello, so i havent been able to poop normally for the past 2 weeks or almost a month. I work at pizza hut so i do eat a lot of bread and stuff. And sometimes when i poop (barely) my poop is like little ball-shaped. And my lower left side, under the rib-cage hurts when i pushing. I usually have to push a lot. My stomach feels like a ball now, its all bloated. But the weird thing is that im hungry all the time! I weigh 115, 19 years old and 5'0 height
Thank you for ur help!
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Bad diet is a reason.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the query.

Constipation at your age is most likely caused by bad diet. Medicines (antidepressants) or hypothyroid should be also considered.
White bread is not a healthy food and can affect your digestion. You should rather eat whole grains dark bread.
Upper right abdomen is where large intestine is close to the abdominal wall. So pushing on the stool can cause pain in this location.

I suggest you to start with diet change. Please avoid fatty foods, spicy foods, alcohol. Increase fiber XXXXXXX products, vegetable and mineral water intake. For temporal relief you can use stool softener. And please do not push hard on stool, it can cause many issues (including diverticles and hemorrhoids). Please add probiotic to your diet.
If this wont help, you should visit your doctor. Stool tests, blood work, thyroid tests and abdominal ultrasound should be done.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.