Suffer abnormal periods. Done with blood and urine test. Having heavy bleeding. Blood pressure 110/64. What can I do?

my period became abnormal after skipping april 2013 and starting spotting right before mother's day. then started heavy bleeding around may 14th. period didn't stop until XXXXXXX 13th. I went my pcp on XXXXXXX 12th. He took a culture and 2 vial of blood and urine sample. he said he'd run all kind of test. it been almost 2week, haven't heard anything. I go back on tuesday. Oh since then, I've started back on my period heavy bleeding from day 1. Since Thursday XXXXXXX 20th. I feel so exausted. I checked my blood pressure and it is 110/64 morning & 110/66 evening. wht can i do, i gotta go to work in the morning.
Posted Sat, 20 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The irregular and heavy bleeding that you are having can be due to uterine fibroids, polyps or hormonal disturbances commonly seen in perimenopausal age group. For diagnosis, you need to have an ultrasound scan of your lower abdomen.
To decrease the bleeding you need to have progesteone pills along with hemostatic agents like ethamsylate or tranexaemic acid after consulting with your gynaecologist. If you are using more than three pads per day then an immediate treatment is needed to control the bleeding.
Meanwhile start taking iron supplements to combat excessive blood loss from your body.
Checking serum FSH levels will give you an idea regarding time to menopause.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.