Suddenly started breathing problem, sweating, pain in chest and arm. What are the risks?

Last night when laying down i began to sweat had trouble breathing..alot of trouble. Pain in my chest and left arm. At times i was so dizzy the tv blurred and when a loud noise came over tv i blacked out for a few seconds.
i was recently told i have scar tissue on my left lung, i had trouble today also but rested alot and took vitamin c and selenium and drank lots of fluids. It felt like it could be a heart atrack but i didnt wanna over react because ive been to hospital befor with similar symptom and am embarrassed to be told nothings wrong again. I am 40hurt yr old womanwith no insurance could this pulmonary fibrosis cause this heart attack feeling?
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Your description of the event suggests - pain could be from heart. There is no way to exclude or be sure except by examination, ECG and enzyme. You MUST GO THE EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT - IMMEDIATELY

It should be investigated as HEART PAIN – UNLESS PROVED OTHERWISE – In suspected heart attack, TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE – if detected early, an attack may even be aborted / the amount of damage and complications can be reduced remarkably. The most important time is the first few hours.

No need to be embarrassed at all – it is after all your health; you are the one suffering.
Pulmonary fibrosis is NOT likely to cause this – there won’t be pain.

Better be safe than sorry - treated if a problem is found / Happy, if it turns out otherwise

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Follow-up: Suddenly started breathing problem, sweating, pain in chest and arm. What are the risks? 1 hour later
Thankyou very much. I will be going to the medical clinic in an hr...i have woke with same symptoms but milder. Should i take asprin as precationary while waiting to go to clinic? What is best advise for a person to do right away if having a heart attack befor emt arive that may save life?
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 39 minutes later

As you have rightly said - in such a situation, for self medication - aspirin is the choice - but may INCREASE THE ASTHMA. If you are OK, if this is not the season for your asthma, if you had no problems before - and/or if you are going to the ER - take it. The loading dose is 300 mg. Follow up - if needed - will be 75 to 100 mg from next day.
Aspirin can also irritate the stomach in some (this is a small dose, though).

You can also take 300 mg of Clopidogrel with it / or alone - if there is problem with aspirin. Subsequent doses, if needed, will be 75 mg daily. Your doctor will decide.

Other things - Relax / Don't panic / Lie down and wait for help

All the best