Suddenly noticed swollen testicle without pain.Feeling heaviness and pain while ejaculation. What to do?

Jul 2012

hi i m 24 years male . about four minths ago suddenly my right testicle get swollen without pain. and then i took complete bed rest for fifteen days. slowly the swelling disappear. then i took a month long treatment from doctor who give me antibaiotics and doxycyleneand other medecines also . now i m feeling heaviness in my right testicl and the upper part of it get mild swelling and lower part the nerves get too hard . and sometime i feel pain in it.and whenever i ejculate i feel pain in my testicles and lower stomac.
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 37 minutes later
Hi there.
I note with interest you say your problem with swelling of the right tescticle was painless. Was it the testicle or the scrotal sac (bag containing the testes)?
It seems that you developed a hydrocoele probably secondary to an infection or inflammation of the epididymitis (cord connected to testes & the seminal glands et al). What you need is a surgical consultation near you. Please use the XXXXXXX site to find a surgeon nearest you. You will require a scrotal ultrasound scan & /or a doppler study in addition. You say you feel pain while ejaculating. Have you had any unprotected sex in the recent few months that was not with a regular partner/wife; did such a person have any infection that you know of?
Do fix that surgeon's appointment & the questions regds sex, if affirmative, will require some blood tests to be done to rule out any STD's. If not, probably a tiny surgery is the need of the hour.
Whatever path, it will be decided once you do the necessary tests.
Wish you Good Luck & a quick recovery.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist & Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India