Sudden shock to heart at night when body is relaxed.

Cardiologist, Interventional
within the last 5 yrs about 4 times i have experience what i would describe as a sudden shock to the heart that happens only @ nights whenever my body is relax but as soon as i get up and start moving i feel the sudden shock disappear
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 3 hours later

I would appreciate if it's possible for you to describe your symptoms in little more details.

But what I gather from your description it's just jerky or thump kind of feeling when you relax and only for brief period without any associated symptoms.

It's likely to be an occasional ectopic which occurs in many people without any serious consequence.

Still, if you experience these symptoms again and again or develop any new symptoms, you may need to consider visiting your ECG (Electrocardiography), Echocardiography.

Holter monitoring can be done in case any positive findings are found in basic investigations.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.