Sudden production of yellow semen. Concern?

Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Thank you for writing here.

A more detailed description of your problem, along with your age, relevant medical history and current medications would have helped me in giving you a better response.

With the information provided, a sudden appearance of yellow discoloration of semen in the absence of other associated symptoms is not consistent with any particular medical condition. Hence it may be considered to be normal variant of semen. Admixture of urine and prostatic fluid can give a yellow color to semen under normal circumstances, particularly during the early morning.

To say whether it is a cause of concern, I need to know few more details from you:

1. Do you have any other symptoms like fever, dull pain in genital area, burning sensation while passing urine?
2. Do you see blood streaks in the semen?
3. Do you notice any discharge from your penis, other than the yellow semen?

If any of the above symptoms are present, I would recommend that you get physically examined by a general physician.

Do let me know further details about your problem. I am open to answer your follow up questions.

Wish You Good Health.