Sudden indentation on buttock, no pain or discoloration. What might be happening?

An indentation has suddenly appeared in my right buttock about two inches across and a half inch XXXXXXX No pain and not really noticable skin discoloration or change in texture. Seems to have appeared overnight. Also, no injections in area in years. What might be happening?
Posted Sat, 22 Sep 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 3 hours later
Welcoome to Healthcare Magic,
If you didn’t experienced any pain, discomfort and other symptoms , no any skin changes ( colour ) or another signs , then seems to be an indentation as a XXXXXXX from your bed , clothes, chair, means due to compression XXXXXXX But is really hard to say without photo and physical examination what is really this indentation. I would advice you monitor yourself for few days and see evolution of this sign, if it will persist or will appear new signs /symptoms then you need physical assessment for clarification.
I wish you good luck and speedy recovery.
Hope this helps and I have answered your query. If you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,