Sudden headache, pressure in head, mouth ulcers, sore glands. Treatment ?

I'm 41, male, 5 foot 11 inces, 180 pounds. No interesting medical history. A week ago i had a sudden thunderclap headache that was agonizing but lasted for about only 5 seconds. The following day, and ever since, i have felt a pressure almost like a headache, that comes on every day in the afternoon and stays until bedtime. morning is fine. For the first two days it was accompanied by 2 very sore mouth ulcers and very sore glands, which have since completely subsided. The pressure feeling/almost headache has stayed though. Should i see a doctor?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later

The pressure like feeling in your head can be due to following reasons-

1. Raised blood pressure- more in the afternoon can be attributed to adrenaline excess.
2. Too many chaotic thoughts, stress and anxiety can make your head tense. It's time to organize your thoughts. Transcendental Meditation and hypnosis can help.
3. Get your eyes examined at your optician's office. Weak eyesight might be the reason.

Eliminating coffee, extra sugars and white flour will help in reducing the discomfort. They can give rise to such symptoms.

Simple analgesics such as tylenol or ibuprofen can help relieve the pressure. Alternatively you can try accupressure or Indian Head massage.

It is best to consult your physician to rule the above possibilities.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Should you have any more queries, I will be available for follow ups.