Sudden development of skin rashes on the body. Taken benadryl. Cure?

I broke out in a rash last night, it is covering my stomach, back and half of my left arm I have taken benadryl changed my clothes and showered and it seems to be getting worse
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later

Thanks for the query

Looks like you have got an allergic reaction.

Did you try something new? Like clothes, bed spread, travel, medicine, food, pets?
Try to think what might have caused this particular reaction and try to avoid it from next time.

Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist soon, you should be put on antihistamines of the third generation like levocetrizine as the rashes are getting worse.

Along with that calamine lotion for local application will also bring down the inflammation and alsocause a soothing effect.

Mean while please consider my advice below

1. Avoid direct sun exposure
2. Do not apply any other lotion like sun screen
3. Use a glycerin soap
4. Do not scratch the lesion as this might leave permanent scars
5. Visit a dermatologist soon
6. Watch out for fever

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no follow up queries kindly accept my answer

I wish you a speedy recovery

Follow-up: Sudden development of skin rashes on the body. Taken benadryl. Cure? 23 hours later
I ended up at the doctor today. I have strep and a strep rash.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 33 minutes later
Thanks for replying

I am happy you went to the doctor.
Could you attach the blood reports and also the current medications you are on.

Please follow the advice given by me in the previous reply, it will help you recover faster and reduces marks.

Have a speedy recovery

Awaiting your reply