Subdermal lymph node or lipoma

i am a 32 yr old, 112 lb female, i have a sore, small hard pea sized lump on the right side of my neck, sort of on the bottom/base of my neck like along the muscle or tendon. It feels like its right under the surface of my skin. anyway, i was having neck spasms on both sides of my neck ( i had previous neck issues from car accidents and now strained from extended breastfeeding so neck always in downward position) for the past week and went to the chiropractor to be adjusted on tuesday and wednesday. the neck pain from the spasms subsided, but yesterday i felt this sore small bump on the right side. i'm figuring its got to be related to my neck injury, but i'm worried its a clot of some sort.. i consider myself pretty healthy, no medical issues besides the neck straings...any thoughts??
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 13 hours later

A single, pea size lump at the base of the neck, just under the skin are descriptive of a subdermal lymph node or lipoma. They have no significance or cannot be related to any disease process exactly.

I suggest you to a 'Wait and Watch' policy. If it grows in size, you need a better evaluation by a doctor.

A clot is just firm and will reduce in size as they days go on.

Hope I allayed your anxiety.