Subconjuntival hemorrhage. Is it due to the high blood pressure?

I went to have my bp checked today at a health fair and it was 173 over 97 with a pulse of 76. I got another (had 4 so far this year) subconjuntival eye hemmorage and was checking to see if the bp was the issue. My bp use to always be 110/70 and during this last year would go as high as 133/88.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 43 minutes later

Thanks for the query

Yes high blood pressure can lead to subconjuntival hemorrhage, this is due to increased capillary pressure.
High Blood pressure also called hypertension is an easy controllable morbid illness, please visit your physician soon to for a quick examination and a prescription.
Since you are a newly diagnosed hypertensive , you will also need to undergo the following tests to see of any other organs are involved
1. Kidney function test
2. Urine for micro albumin
3. Fasting lipid profile
4. Fasting blood sugar
5. ECG and echo cardiography

Some of the tips to help you keep the blood pressure under check are

1. Salt restricted diet
2. Regular cardio exercises like jogging , cycling, swimming. Atleast 30 minutes a day, 5 times per week
3. Lose weight if you are over weight
4. Stop smoking and restrict alcohol

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer

I wish you good health