Stung by bee on toe,fever,chills,swollen toe,nausea,treatment?

Hi,my 16-year-old daughter was stung by a bee on her toe on Friday. She woke up that night with chills and fever of 100. her toe is swollen but nothing else. She has important test tomorrow at school and is afraid she will be too ill to take them. Any suggestions on treating the fever/chills and nausea?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Tulasi Raman.P 38 minutes later
Hi Michele,

It is possible that the bee sting could be the reason for your daughter's symptoms.

As you have mentioned that her toe is swollen it is the body reaction to the sting. The bee sting has initiated an hypersensitivity reaction in her body which is causing her symptoms of fever/chills and nausea.

Her condition will continue to worsen unless she is started on treatment. As I have not examined your daughter it would be unethical and illegal to prescribe Scheduled drugs. So i advise you to consult your doctor immediately and follow the medications prescribed by him.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.