Stretch marks on abdomen after delivery. How can they be removed?

My wife given birth baby boy last month, its normal and first delivery for her. She got stretch marks at her abdomen like wrinkle and darken. How it can be cured? Is any creams need to apply for it or any natural way of curing?
FYI She is breast feeding?
While she is pregnent, from 6th month she applied STRETCHNIL cream until 9th month.
Posted Thu, 27 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Stretch marks are often the result of the rapid stretching of the skin associated with rapid growth or rapid weight changes, which over time may diminish, but will not disappear completely.
Various treatments are available for the purpose of improving the appearance of existing stretch marks, including laser treatments, dermabrasion, and various creams.Some cream manufacturers claim the best results are achieved on recent stretch marks; however, few studies exist to support these claims.
These stretch marks do not cause any disturbance in body functioning.
But still, for skin softening & some percent of relief ; your wife can apply stretchnil cream as previously applied.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further queries.
Follow-up: Stretch marks on abdomen after delivery. How can they be removed? 14 hours later
And also, she is feeling itching sensation and scratching often.
For ur information she is using Dettol while bathing also. Even then she feel itching. Any solution for it?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Daily use of Dettol (that is a strong disinfectant) can cause dryness of skin that is responsible for itching.

I will advise you to use Dettol on alternate day & application of lactocalamine lotion after taking bath along with Stretchnil cream.

I hope your query has been answered.