Stress without any reason, negative thoughts. Advice?

I feel stressed most of the times with out any reasons and feeling Negative thoughts most of the times.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

First of all, let me start off saying that, it is commendable that you are conscious enough for having recognized that you are under stress.

Now, that you do not have any obvious reasons for the same, it would help me if I knew your routine lifestyle from XXXXXXX to dusk to debate a possible cause.

This is important as stress has a cause. And rather than treating the symptom straightaway, a rectifiable cause if present can be looked into - those causes which you may have possibly overlooked.

Negative thoughts most commonly in your situation is an aftermath of the string of consequences of stress. And it unfortunately completes the vicious cycle of stress - negative thoughts - stress cycle. So, combating the cause of stress would root out the negative symptoms without any problem.

Stress is a very well manageable health condition in the right hands. So, as you are experiencing this "most of the times" in your life, I would assume you would have tried something before writing in here.

If not, try these for the time being that are proven first remedies :

1. Non-routine scheduling.
2. Meditation/yoga/exercise/walking/any healthy activity that is not routine for you.
3. Fresh vegetables and fruits. Cut oily/fast foods.

And I would like to suggest you not to take any medicines till I get your reply about your daily routine. I would then be better guide you further.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.