Strange sensation on penis tip, swollen. Had unprotected oral sex. Why am I also tired and weak?

Question
I noticed that I have a strange feeling at the tip of my penis. It's a little swollen just inside the hole. What could this be? I was getting oral sex about a week ago from a prostitute without a condom. Starting yesterday, I'm also feeling very tired and run down. Sleeping a lot! Could this all be a symptom of something?
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Radhika 14 hours later

You have swelling in the penile region after having oral sex a week ago.

Infection is a common cause of swelling and inflammation. Sometimes it can occur due to trauma like automobile accidents, sexual activity, or sports.

If this swelling is accompanied by bloody or pink-colored urine, itching, rash, redness, or discomfort, then you will need to get investigated for sexually transmitted infections(STI). It can also cause flu-like symptoms like fatigue, fever, sore throat, headache, cough, aches and pains.

Certain sexually transmitted diseases can cause penis swelling. These include genital warts, herpes, syphilis (sexually transmitted disease caused by bacteria), and chlamydia. You will need to get it investigated under the guidance of Dermatologist.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.