Strange fluttering sensation, not unlike early fetal movement in upper abdomen. Had gallbladder removed. Reason?

I have strange fluttering sensation (not unlike early fetal movement) in my upper right abdomen. There is some discomfort especially when leaning over. I had my gallbladder removed 8 years ago
Posted Fri, 15 Jun 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
A fluttering sensation in the right upper abdomen may be due to local, involuntary muscle contraction and relaxation arising from the spontaneous discharge of a bundle of skeletal muscle fibers.Such fluttering has a variety of causes, the majority of which are benign.

It could indicate the possibility of a endocrine or an electrolyte or vitamin B complex deficiency.
Most of the times the symptoms are resolved on taking vitamin B complex supplements and electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids for two weeks.
For persistent symptoms, you might consult your doctor who can order
1. a few blood tests including thyroid function tests,
2. Serum electrolytes including Serum calcium and potassium levels.
3. Serum B12 levels

The treatment of most of the conditions is very easy and the condition wil resolve on its own

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.