Stool test report shows acidic. What does it mean?

I have recently got a stool test report and in the report, form and consistence says semi-digested and reaction says Acidic. Everything else is ok. what does it mean?
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

This is routine stool examination test, usually done to know many medical conditions. The information which you have given is, it is acidic. Normal reaction is alkaline and with acidic Ph <5.5. The possibilities are infection with E.Coli or rota virus. Other possibility is Lactose intolerance.

If you feel incomplete bowel movements, please take water in adequate amount and take fiber in diet like fruits and XXXXXXX vegetables.

If problem persists, kindly visit your local Physician to assess what is the exact cause for it.
Hope this information helps you, if you have any other doubt let me know. I will be happy to answer that.

Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.