Ask a Homeopath   »  

Stool cells resulted with puss cells. Biopsy showed chronic non specific ileitis. Is it an ulcerative colitis or piles?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I had a stool test done and results came with puss cells 2-3/HPF and RBC with 1-2/HPF and also presence of E.Coli
Results of Colonoscopy
Skin tags,Fissure + in Anal Canal&Rectum
Terminal Ileum : Multiple small Ulcers with intervening normal areas

Biopsy Result:
Specimen:Terminal ileum
Tiny gray soft tissues fragments measuring 0.2cc in aggregate,All embedded
ileal Mucosa with ulceration.Lamina propria shows edema,collections of neytrophils,lymphocytes,plasma cells,histocytes and karyorrhectic debris.Submucosal lyumphoid follicels are hyperplastic.

Please i am really confused whether its a ulcerative colitis or just an XXXXXXX piles.

I consulted a doctor he said i got XXXXXXX piles and it had to be operated,Hence i started consulting homeopathy treatment now.please advise wat need to be done from me

I am following a strict diet with lot of fruits(Apple,Pomegranate,Papaya) and vegetables.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Homeopathy
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 2 hours later
Hi there.

I can understand your concern. I will do my best to explain the report and its prognostic importance.

According to the Report it appears that you have an infection or inflammation of your intestines. This causes damage to the intestine and symptoms associated with it like possibly diarrhea, constipation, weakness, lethargy, weight loss, sometimes blood in stool etc.

Since there is no Granuloma or Amoeboma, there is less chance of inflammatory bowel disease like Ulcerative colitis, or parasitic infection of Amebiasis respectively.

The causes of non-specific ileitis range from infections like viral infections, Typhoid, Tuberculosis, Connective tissue disorders etc.

There is no report of XXXXXXX piles here. If it is detected it is best removed by your Surgeon. Medical therapy may be beneficial only if it is not serious. Having diet XXXXXXX in fibre like fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of water is important to prevent constipation which can worsen the piles. Avoid spicy food and fatty diet.

You need investigations to find the cause of the ileitis. Based on the cause, the exact treatment can be given. Routine blood work, urine test, stool test and higher tests will be required to find the cause.

Homeopathy may take care of chronic inflammatory diseases. You may get a trial of homeopathy treatment. If it does not improve you may consult Allopathic Doctor and Surgeon for treatment.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Follow-up: Stool cells resulted with puss cells. Biopsy showed chronic non specific ileitis. Is it an ulcerative colitis or piles? 40 minutes later
Hi Aashish XXXXXXX

I am really pleased with your reply for my Query. I am 22 yrs old too.As said earlier i am having lot of fruits and vegetables and plenty of water.Is it ok to add dairy product like Milk?. i totally stopped having tea and coffee. I like to know if i can have white oats with milk.

I am in strict diet eating only at home even if i am in a position to eat outside i have only idly.

Please let me know how i sholud proceed further to confirm what kinda infection i have because alopathy doctor told me i got XXXXXXX Piles while allopathy doctor think i might have chronic inflammatory diseases.

I will also try to upload my reports tomorrow which would help you to narrow down the issue :). how long will it take to cure the inflamatory disease.

Thank you once again for your swift response :)

Have a good day
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 12 hours later
Hi there

Thanks for your reply.

It would be wise to try out milk and milk products but if you experience bloating and diarrhea after that, kindly stop and avoid milk or milk products. In some inflammatory bowel diseases milk may cause more problems.

The E.coli bacteria detected in the stool may be a cause for diarrhea but is usually a short term infection and does not stay for long time. If not an infection this could just be an inflammation or chronic damage of intestine which can occur due to unknown reasons. There is usually no cure but you may need to take medication to prevent relapse and exacerbation of the problem.

It would be best to consult with Gastroenterologist as this Doctor would be specialized in intestine problems and can offer best remedy.

Continue with healthy and safe diet. Keep well hydrated. Eat more pulses, nuts, and white oats. They will build strength of body and organs.

Kindly do upload reports of further testing if you have done them. It would help me make better judgment of your diagnosis and management.

I hope I have answered your query.