Stomach pains, dizziness, nauseated. Diet includes carbs, proteins. Had diabetes. What is the reason for the pain?

For about a month now I seem to have some stomach pains (I am a 37 years old average weight woman who works out 4/5 times a week and eats healthy, low on red meat and fat, except for olive oil and cheese), mostly at the upper stomach area and I think mostly on the rigth side, although occasionally I felt it on the left side. The pain is mild and dull, but definitely there almost every day at one point or another, occasionally it gest stronger a bit but never sharp or extreme. I have no other symptoms, I mean I am often tired but I have been always like that, my bowel movements are normal and I saw no blood in my stool, I am not yellow and have not lost weight other than a couple of pounds as I am running a bit more now, and I do not have to throw up at all (occasionally I get slightly dizzy for a couple of minutes and therefore a little nauseous, but that has been going on for many years, I am sensitive to certain movements). I do not take any medications except multivitamins (one tablet a day), and I have not been abroad recently and have not been sick. I do not smoke, drink coffee or any alcohol. My diet is mostly carbs and proteins, some "good" fats, and I think I drink enough water. I have to pee relatively often (every 3-4 hours), but again, I have always been like that, all my life. I have a 5 year old child and I had mild diabetes when I was pregnant, but as far as I know, that is gone. I sleep okay (about 8 hours a night), not great but I have never been a very good sleeper, it has not gotten worse. My period is regular and normal, no spotting inbteween. I am wondering what this stomach ache could be? Thank you!
Posted Fri, 25 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

First I would like to appreciate you for a very good and informative history above.Thanks, such history helps us to comment straight on point.

The pain in the stomach based on its site and considering the history, I would suspect it to be due to either simple gastritis or due to a gallbladder pathology like a gallstone or chronic cholecystitis.

I suggest you to go for a trial course of antacids like Tab Prilosec OTC one tab taken early in the morning before food, if there is any reduction in the pain then it confirms the fact the it could be due to acid-peptic disease like gastritis. If there is no relief with antacid then I would ask you to go for a abdominal Ultrasound scan which could find if it is due to a gallbladder pathology.

If the pain is unbearable then you can take antispasmodics for the same.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.