Stomach pain after donating platelets at the blood bank. What should be done?
User rating for this question
Im 29 year old healthy male, I donated platelets yesterday at the blood bank and since this morning my stomach was burning a little, ate a XXXXXXX muffin for breakfast w/coffee, lunch I had a salad with beets and sparkling water. Shortly after my stomach started hurting worse. Now the pain was around a 5 and sharp. Laid on couch for a few hours had a dose of peptobisml with a sprite followed by chicken burrito. Still hurting and the pain in the center has shifted to lower right side of abdomen. Temp is 98.3, had bowel movements and urinate fine. Did the bounce test by pushing on area and rebound hurt. Contemplating going to ER because it sort of sounds like Appendicitis. Wondering what I should do?
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Gastritis Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. I have read your query & I understand your concerns. Following is my reply: 1) This problem is not related to donating platelets. 2) It appears to be acidity ( gastritis). Since already you took medicine for it it should subside in couple of hours. 3) Since you had sprite, it aggreviates it. Avoid having any beverages like sprite, coke, soda coffee etc for next 2 days. 4) Keep taking antacid medicines twice daily. 5) Wait for 4 hours. If you see absolutely no relief then you can consider going to ER. 6) This may not be appendicitis. It could be just a gastritis. I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have. Regards, Dr.Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist.
People also viewed
- Treatment and cure for tail bone injury
- Stomach pains after a fall
- Medicine for relief from burning sensation after eating prawns
- Suggest treatment for severe heartburn
- Suggest me treatment for my improper digestion
- Stomach pain after nyquil
- Cause of sudden black stools with foul smell and gas
- Stomach pain after argument
- Stomach pain after tubectomy
- Treatment and cure for congenital scoliosis
- Reason for hard and bloated abdomen causing discomfort
- Treatment and cure for gastrointestinal infection
- Treatment and cure for green runny nose
- What is the remedy for stomach pain
- Treatment and cure for chronic hip pain