Stomach feels full, having delayed periods. Urine test negative. Could I be pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
I am seven days late for my period. The urine test says negative, but I feel like it is wrong. I have two kids, my daughter was premature and I didn't test positive until I had blood work done. My stomach feels weird, kinda full? Is there a chance I could be pregnant?
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Following is my reply:

1) It is unlikely that you are pregnant since it is one week post period.

2) Stomach fullness does not correspond to pregnancy.

3) I suggest you get serum betahCG blood test done which is confirmatory for pregnancy. It will remove all your doubts.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.
Follow-up: Stomach feels full, having delayed periods. Urine test negative. Could I be pregnant? 1 minute later
If it's not pregnancy what might it be?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 hours later
Hi, if its not pregnancy, it could be delayed cycle which happens in many women once in a while. It is natural and physiological. Dont worry about it. If there is no pregnancy, you will get cycles within a week. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol