Stomach discomfort, dark stools, loss of appetite and panic attacks with palpitations. Skin rashes on the body. Need help

I have had panic attacks lately and stomach discomfort and loss of appetite. This morning I had a dark olive XXXXXXX stool. Prior to that they were a light brown blonde color. My panic attacks now include palpitations, feeling like I have a light rash developing on arms, chest and legs. Help?
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for posting your query. XXXXXXX stool often indicates that food has passed through the intestines faster than normal (called decreased bowel transit time), before it could be changed from XXXXXXX to brown.
It can happen due to diarrhea, anxiety and stress, laxative use, antibiotic use, diet may also cause change in stool color.
There is nothing much to worry. Just wait and watch for the stool color for few days to come back top normal on its own.
If it is associated with loose stools and fever then you must consult your physician for further examination and treatment.
To help your panic attacks you can take a few measures-
1.Check your caffeine intake-Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee or cola.
2.Avoid alcohol and cigarette smoking.
3.Try physical exercise like aerobic exercises daily for twenty minutes.
4.Avoid your worries and problems or solve them with the help of your family and friends.
5. Learn controlled breathing.
6. Do simple relaxation exercises like yoga, meditation, etc.
You can also discuss the problem with your GP who will help you in choosing a good antianxiety drug with low day time sedation.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.