Stomach aches and bloating. Having smelly stool and farts, smell increases near menstruation. What it could be?

Hi my name is XXXXXX and the last few months my body has been putting a smell of fart/feces . And I don't know why. I shower daily and wear clean clothes. My stomach bloats a lot, and I always feel as if I'm not finished when I use the bathroom and I've been having stomach pains. And this May seem odd but the smell increases when its close to my menstrual. I don't know whats wrong with my body.
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Bad smell from ones body can be found to arise from nose, mouth, vagina or in the bowel gas.

The sweat smelling bad is a rare occurrence and happens when there is a generalized skin infection with fungus.

I would like advice you to do some observation by which you could help me to find out the exact cause for the bad smell from your body.

Do gargle with Chlorhexidine mouth wash twice daily after food for three days and observe whether the smell still exists.

If you have discharge from the vagina then the possibilities of the vaginal secretions to be the culprit is more. Also increased smell just before the menstruation supports this fact. Do wash vagina with dilute solution of XXXXXXX cedar vinegar twice daily for two days and observe.

If both the above methods fail to reduce the body smell then you can apply Ketoconazole Dusting powder over the body specially in the armpits and groin. If the smell is due to fungal infection, it will put your problem to an end.

Hope I answered your query.

Do follow my advice and gt back to me with the result.

Waiting for your response,