Stiffness at the base of ribs, abdominal pain,quick digestion. Cause?

should I be worried about repeated but not always occurring stiffness almost at the base of the ribs, usually on the right around 1 to 1.5hrs after eating (especially breakfast) - this goes away once I have lunch but on some days there can be an actual burning feeling all along the base of the ribs
I chose Abdominal pain but its not so much a pain as a stifness and sometimes a burning - seems to be like acidity so category can be digestive problems
I had the habit of having a liquid breakfast of a mixture of cereals and millets boiled in water but can no longer take that as it gets digested very quickly and I get this burning feeling - now I have a "proper" breakfast (~7.15am) but even then the digestion in the morning seems very quick and I am hungry again by 10 am - usually things settle down by lunch time
Posted Mon, 16 Jul 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 50 minutes later

Thanks for the query

It looks like you are suffering from dyspepsia. It is commonly referred to as 'gastritis'. You have done a wonderful job of noticing your symptoms in detail.
What I would suggest is to take a Pantaprazole on empty stomach each morning for 15 days. This is help releive your symptoms of tightness of chest. Please XXXXXXX your doctor for a prescription.
Now for the second symptom of hunger, most often increased hunger is due to diabetes. Please get yourself a fasting blood sugar and hba1c to rule it out. I would like you to add lots of high fibre diet like veggies and fruits to your morning meal to help you stay full for longer. I would like to add here that increased appetite and hunger need not necessarily mean increased speed of digestion.

I hope I have answered your query, please get back to me if you have any further queries I will be happy to help

I wish you good health