Stiff neck, fever, BP 127/70, pulse 60, stent, bundle block, enlarged LED, stomach pain

i am getting neck stiffness when doing things and sometimes just sitting around. I haven't felt well for about a weak like I am coming down with something. I feel like I have a slight fevor but I don't and my blood pressure has been a bit different then normal for me. I has gotten better like 127/70 with a BP of 60. I am 56 and I have a heart stent in the LAD place there in 2003. I had an EKG about a month ago and it was compaired with on from 10 years ago and they tell me it still reads the same. Something like bundle block and enlarged LED. I have had some stomch pain in the right upper quardent and my gullblatter has been removed. My stools have be odd as well. This was the reson I went to the doctor a month ago, seems I am getting worst. One last thing I seem to have a mucas once in a while with my stools
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 4 hours later

Pain Right upper quadrant is usually due to gastroduodenal / hepatic / gall bladder / and rarely hepatic flexure diseases.

In view of - 1) hypothyroidism - we need to rule out fatty liver with inflammation
2) Aspirin use - rule out stomach ulcer or gastritis
3) Post Gall bladder removal - retained / recurrent bile duct stone or sphincter of oddi dysfunction
4) abnormal stools & mucus - Colitis or even a polyp or mass because of your age
5) heart disease - congested liver if ejection fraction of the heart is low

Hypothyroidism itself can be associated with loose stool and mucus secondary to bacterial overgrowth and motility disorder

Hence consult your GI practitioner to help you further.

Hope my answer is adequate. Should you have any additional concerns, I am available for follow ups.

Follow-up: Stiff neck, fever, BP 127/70, pulse 60, stent, bundle block, enlarged LED, stomach pain 1 hour later
I for got to mention that the last MRI had signs of a Fatty Liver, So what does that mean and what are my risk knowing that?
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 28 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

As I had written earlier fatty liver with inflammation (NASH) can also cause RUQ pain. But fatty liver can also be a coexistent finding. Hence consult your Gastro Enterologist to clarify things further

Hope this answers your query.