Sticky scrotum, comes back even after washing, stays like a sweaty film. Should I be concerned ?

I have a sticky scrotum. I wash it off and it comes back. Then there is this sweaty film that leaves a stain in my underware. Is this a problem I should be concered about?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for cementing a question.

What you have reported is actually a very common problem I'm on the mend. There is a significant degree of humidity in the area of the scrotum that you describe. This can lead to an increase in risk for development of a fungal infection of the skin.

Fungal infections of the skin can lead to several changes in how the skin feels. There can also sometimes be a thin film which may be appreciated by you.

I have two points to discuss with you. The first point would be prevention. In order to prevent this type of thing from continuing it would be necessary for you to perform a couple of things. The first thing I want you to focus on is making sure that this area of your body is dry after bathing. Very commonly this area can maintain or hold a significant degree of moisture after showering. Try to make sure you dry this area thoroughly. Also if you use regular baby powder or cornstarch to that eerie out after showering this can also minimize moisture in that area and decreased the likelihood that you might develop a fungal infection.

As far is treating this area I would recommend that you obtained a topical cream call time is all. This is usually available over-the-counter. I would recommend that you apply this cream twice daily for 10 days. This should lead to a gradual resolution of your symptoms.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to discuss those with you.

Dr. Robert
Follow-up: Sticky scrotum, comes back even after washing, stays like a sweaty film. Should I be concerned ? 1 hour later
Did you say the cream is called "Time is all"?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 11 hours later
I apologize for the typographical error. The cream is clotrimazole.

Again please let me know if you have additional concerns

Dr Galamaga