Sticky adhesive from bra, applied Preparation H ointment. Side effects?

Recently I wore a new bra (made in China) of a well-known brand, aand later found a sticky adhesive substance going horizontally across both breasts. Tried polish remover with some success on the right side, but on the left the adheside seemed to combine with my skin, so that I could not remove the adhesive without the skin coming with it. My GYN recommended Preparation H ointment to heal and to act on the adhesive so that it would disintegrate (?) It seems to be having some effect, but is there anything else I can do? Will there be any aftereffects from this experience?
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 8 hours later

You can use Lanolin Emollients for skin protection.

Creams containing Aloe Vera will also help.

Apply Neosporin powder on affected area.

After effects can be in the form of a scar for which you can apply Hexilak Silicone Gel after discussing with your Physician.

I hope my suggestions are useful for you.

I will be available for followup queries if any.