Started with runny nose, nausea and diarrhoea after taking nitrofur macr. What can I take for relief?

I have a reaction to NITROFUR MACR. What can I take for relief. Running nose, nausea, diarhea
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
The common side effects of NITROFUR are nausea,vomiting,skin rash and diarrhea.However it can not cause running nose.
Your symptoms could be due to viral infection along with some side effects of NITROFUR.
You may take Bismuth subsalicylate (some brand names: Kaopectate, Pepto-Bismol) to take care of your nausea and diarrhea while for running nose you may take steam inhalation and may be anti allergic like CETRIZINE once in the night for few days.
You should be all right soon with these home remedies.
Make sure that you take NITROFUR MACR with food to minimize the chances of nausea.
Also take plenty of oral fluids to take care of your hydration.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck