Started vomiting and spotting after period. Could I be pregnant?

Question
My name is XXXXXXX and I just had my period on Feb 16th thru the 19th and it was very light. It was also two days late. On Feb 20th thru 23th, I just spotting all day. On Feb 24th I throwed everything up that i have eating or drank. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 35 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing to us
Your symptoms could be caused by pregnancy or some hormonal issues as well. It would be premature on my part to confirm a pregnancy here. The most important symptom of pregnancy is a missed period. But some people may experience a much lighter period compared to their usual period. So one may be pregnant if she has a lighter period than usual. So I request you to get a urine pregnancy test to confirm or refute the same. Please do follow the instructions on the kit carefully.

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Started vomiting and spotting after period. Could I be pregnant? 2 hours later
Is it helpful that I had sex on Feb 10 and 11th. I know that some women don't ovulation around the same time. Is it possible that I could conceive right before my period was due.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 3 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Yes it is possible (This is because of the variable period during which ovulation can occur and the further survival of the ovum)

You may contact me for queries on your health on the following URL.

WWW.WWWW.WW
In such scenario the questions are directly forwarded to me and I can answer your queries online regularly.

Hope this helps.

Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics

Hope this helps.

Follow-up: Started vomiting and spotting after period. Could I be pregnant? 14 hours later
Hi again,

I have one more question. I been have these really bad cramps and lower back pain. Can I still be ovulating ? Because I know that it take a week before your body know that it is pregnant. I feel much better when I'm laying down. I know that it very hard to say because it very hard for me to figure it out. Thank you for all of your help.

Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Cramping occurs during ovulation in good proportion of women.

Cramping occurs because of various reasons................ best way to confirm a pregnacy is to get a pregnancy test for the same.

Hope this helps.