Started taking multivitamins to lose weight. Are these medicine safe?

i got a list of multivitamins form a friend of mine (male) who s planning to lose weight
I too have started taking those there are list of medicines but i am not sure if could be taken by female
like Nozia (hcl)
morning and evening
1. complete TD
2. repral 20
3. nebstar
4. eldervit zc

1.shelcal 500mg tab/
2. follihair(biotin)
3. nozia
these are the medicines taken by my friend (Male) as diet supplements...
I want to know if all these are safe for 25 yr old female as well , or are these male
specific medicines.. I too want to lose weight and fast..
if they are not good for female can u please prescribe some medicines as meal replacments..
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 47 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concern,
You should not take all these medicines, as they are prescribed to your friend.
The list of medicines contains not only vitamin and calcium but also other Prescription medicine which you do not need.
If you want to lose weight please visit Physician yourself and after examination and investigation correct medicines if required will be prescribed to you.
Weight depends on your height and for losing weight you need to reduce calories intake and increase exercise regularly.
There are few drugs available for Obesity like Orlistat which can be used if suitable for you, after consultation of Physician only.
Hope this helps you, if you have any further query please ask me, I will be happy to help.
Dr. A. Dubey. M. D.
Follow-up: Started taking multivitamins to lose weight. Are these medicine safe? 42 minutes later
Can you point out the medicines from my list which are not vitamin supplements.. I will stop taking them.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 4 hours later
Please note following are not vitamins:
1. repral 20
2. nebstar
3. nozia
You should stop all supplements and first consult Physician and then follow his/her instruction properly, it is not clear if you need all those calcium and vitamin supplements.
Hope you will understand and follow correct way to your health.
Dr. A. Dubey. M. D.
Follow-up: Started taking multivitamins to lose weight. Are these medicine safe? 23 hours later
Ok atleast can I take Complete TD and Follihair?
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 15 hours later

Thanks for the follow up,

You can take the multivitamin supplement.
Remember weight loss requires combination of diet and exercise and if required vitamins and multi minerals supplements.

Please take care
Good Luck.

Dr. A.Dubey M. D.