Started swimming and noticed discolouration of lips. What is the cause and cure?

my daughter is 13 y/o, she had swimming lessons 2 years back. from that time on, she had this whitish discoloration on the upper lipline. we just used moisturizer (sebamed) from then and vaseline petroleum jelly. i noticed that her upper lip is not as pink as her lower lip. what could be the cause of the discoloration, and how can we correct it? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 23 Nov 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The color change is highly unlikely to be related to the swimming water sport activity.
It may be some other problem that coincidentally developed during that period and so you are relating the two things.
You should put up a follow up query with good resolution photograph of the lesion both front and tangential view. It would be helpful in the diagnosis and so to fine tune the treatment.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!