Started medication for bronchitis. Developed warm, red and itchy patches on arm. What should I do?

I just started Albuterol, Prednisone, and Tussionex ext-rel for bronchitis. I started the medications one day ago and this evening I developed warm, red patches on both arms, in the same place; upper arm outside. They itch slightly. I should also state that I am on Lithium, Lamictol, Sertreline and Ambian.
Posted Thu, 20 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
These red patches don't seem to be caused by the anti bronchitis medicines ypu are taking.Had these been due to drugs,then whole body would have been involved.
These red rashes seem to be allergic in nature.
There is no point in discontinuing the medicines.
You may take some anti allergic medicine like cetrizine in the night and apply 1% hydrocortisone ointment locally.
You should be all right soon.
However if your rashes and itch increases,then you may have to consult your doctor for diagnosing the exact cause.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck