Started itching and redness around scrotum moving to shaft and under foreskin with burning. Apllied lotrimin. Suggest?

yes I started having some itching and redness around my scrotum area about a month ago--then it moved to the shaft and under the foreskin of my penis with redness and burning. I have used female yeast infection creams and antifungal creams such as lotrimin, it appears to go away but will return---I work outside a lot and sweat I was wondering what to do? My wife has no symptoms of anything--if we have sex it makes it worse and painful for me
Posted Sun, 18 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 1 hour later

With your history, yes it is probably Tenia cruris infection (fungal). It responds well to antifungal creams. However for complete cure and to avoid recurrent it needs to be used for at least couple of weeks twice a day.

After bath always apply antifungal dusting powder available with the chemist and also smear some powder to your under clothes.

In addition:
Keep good hygeine.
Never share towels etc
Never use wet underclothes.
All underclothes should be steamed well before using them, though they are well washed.

It is important to rule out similar infection in your wife / sexual partner

Hope your query is answered with your satisfaction. Please feel free to for further clarification.