Started getting skin rashes after quitting alcohol. Family history of eczema. Should I be worried?

I have quit alcohol cold turky 45 days ago. On the second or first week I started to get a skin rash it was on my forehead in the beginning but not much just a little, then after a week it went to my chest and vanished within a week or so. Then it appeared on my liver side and disappeared in a week and now on the opposite side of the liver but and it still there. It might vanish soon. I'm just worried is this a normal process of the liver detoxifying ? Should i be worried. I don't have any other symptoms of liver disease. I eat healthy, drink lots of water, and take multi vitamins. I will also start taking milk thistle tomorrow (two pills a day 200mg each).

I forgot to mention that I have a 'forgot what it's called' but it's some kind of Eczema a genetic one from my mother side. I might get skin rash or skin irritation by just the change of the environment or other factors such us some kinds of food, or grass.

I didn't have this kind of Eczema when I was born but it appeared when I was 16 years old and it vanished when I went to the states at the age 19.

Is this normal, should I be worried or should I give it sometime for the body to fully detoxify. I also know that It's a bad idea to quit cold turky but this is the only way I saw. Thanks!
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 1 hour later
The fact that your symptoms vanish from one side to appear at another gives an Impression that they could be urticaria. The other rashes which appear to alcohol are seen with liver failure only. I am convinced that your problem is not due to liver failure.
I request you to however undergo blood tests. If they are normal simple drugs like antihistamines will suffice
Have a good day
Prasad pvs
Follow-up: Started getting skin rashes after quitting alcohol. Family history of eczema. Should I be worried? 2 minutes later
hello dr XXXXXXX
thank you for the fast respond. yes anti histamines work perfectly. I'm relieve with this information. I will take a blood test if this issue escalate.
Thanks for accepting my view and advice