Started feeling weak, light headed and tingling hand. Should I go for medical check up?

Excellent

Question
I have been getting a tingly left hand for a couple of days now I feel really weak and lightheaded do I need to see a doctor? I have cfs.
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 6 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

The tingling sensation in your left hand, feeling weak and lightheaded may all be due to electrolyte and water imbalance. You just need to take adequate amount of fluids around 3 litres per day and probably more of electrolytes in the form of electral or WHO ORS solution. Consume more of fruit juices.

I do not think you need to see a doctor now. If your symptoms do not improve after these measures for 2 to 3 days, you may see the doctor then.

I am sure you will be fine in a couple of days.

Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Started feeling weak, light headed and tingling hand. Should I go for medical check up? 13 hours later
Would this apply even though I drank several bottles of water, some blueberry juice, lucozade etc. I drink a lot, and always have done.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 41 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, it would apply. You just need to drink a lot of fluids. Skip aerated drinks, and take plenty of fresh fruit juices.

You will be fine soon.

Follow-up: Started feeling weak, light headed and tingling hand. Should I go for medical check up? 3 hours later
Ok thanks it'll be fresh orange and blueberry etc all day today, almost passed out already and unfortunately reached for the chocolate :(. Hope this passes soon as things were really starting to improve in the cfs side of things. Anxiety is a curse as I think I've spent about four nights now thinking I'm having a heart attack, or stroke... I have a headache today so it's a brain Tumor haha! Reassurance is all that's needed really so thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 27 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for writing again. I am sorry for the delay in my response.

Yes, anxiety may be a curse but it's all in the mind. It is what we think. There is no heart attack, stroke or even brain tumour in you. So, please relax. I liked the humorous part in you, so keep it going.

Nothing is wrong with you, you are absolutely fine. I wish you good health always.

If you have no more queries, please accept my answer and write a review.

Take care, XXXXXXX