Started feeling tightness in throat, fullness and not able to sleep after having spicy food. Looking for relief

yesterday ate some food spicy Snapper fry with some vegetables at a Thai restaurant.and after that feel something full ,uneasy feeling at the throat, unable to sleep in a position.I could not burp.I drank two beer during my eating.after that I ate a banana.Few minutes back drank Malox.I checked my pressure in lying position ( before sleeping).It was 125/74 HR 74.
After I got up at 3 am my bp"145/91 HR84.I went to toilet and able pass stool .Still feel like throwing up .Little bit missing beats I felt in the chest.(anxiety)
But still feel uneasy.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The spicy food might have caused the gastric irritation that is responsible for your symptoms. I advise you to avoid spicy food, alcohol and smoking for few days. It will be better if you take proton pump inhibitor, should be taken half an hour breakfast for a week. It is acid reducing drug.

Rise in the BP, is due to the anxiety and also usually the BP will be on a higher side in the early morning. Need not worry about this.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.