Started diarrhea. No change in regular diet. What could be causing this?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Hi, for the last few days ive had what i though was indejestion but my poo has been watery. I have embarissingly not made the toilet a few times and soiled my pants. Ive not eaten anything different to normal, ive not eaten out or had anything thats been not properly cooked. Have you any ideas what this could be? Ive not suffered these symptoms before, im healthy and fit.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 15 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

It appears you have contracted Enteritis , inflammation of the intestinal mucosa secondary to some contamination in your meals or drinks

The best therapy is take plenty of fluids orally
Take a good probiotic for five to seven days twice a day

If the frequency is not controlled take Racecardotil tab twice a day and go for a stool culture

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a speedy recovery
Follow-up: Started diarrhea. No change in regular diet. What could be causing this? 16 minutes later
What type of probiotic would you recommend?
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 14 hours later

Saccharomyces boulardii or similar

Hope this answers your query
Wishing you a Speedy recovery