Started byetta for nausea. Started experiencing altered taste. Common side effect of medicine?

Question
hi, I have just been started on Byetta 10microgram dosage. The Endocrinologist suggested one dosage for a week instead of the usual twice daily dosage due to the nausea effects. My query is that I have been experiencing altered taste sensations since beginning the Byetta injections, and was wondering if the altered taste sensations are a common side effect of the medication? If not,is it a side effect at all of Byetta medications?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 33 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
Altered taste sensation is a known but uncommon side effect of Byetta. There are occassional case reports of patients on Byetta having dysgeusia ( altered taste). Nausea and vomiting are less common with weekly formulation of Byetta. The same cant be said about dysgeusia because of lack of ev8dence as yet. I hope it works for you.
Shivaprasad